A COAST man who had his legs amputated after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning is astounding doctors with his progress.
Everything changed for Coolum's Jason "Jacko" Reynoldson when he left a battery to charge on a generator in a shed while he went fishing last month.
Just 30 seconds after returning to the shed, he was on the ground - poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Mr Reynoldson wasn't found until 10 hours later, when the decision then became between his life or legs.
Mohambry Appavoo, Mr Reynoldson's father-in-law, started a GoFundMe which has since raised more than half of the $150,000 goal.
The funds will help Mr Reynoldson, his wife and two children through his indefinite hospital stay and he'll also eventually require a wheelchair and prosthesis as well as ongoing medical, psychological, physical and orthopaedic care.
In a post to the page, Mr Appavoo thanked those who donated for "the financial and moral support needed to continue with our mission of achieving our goal".
Mr Reynoldson has now moved into a rehabilitation ward where he is making "amazing progress" according to Mr Appavoo.
The incident also proved a timely reminder to be aware of the colourless and orderless gas that changed Mr Reynoldson's life forever.
"Please continue to share Jacko's Journey in your respective networks and not only for him and this fund but also to get social awareness of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning out there, it may help you or your loved ones," Mr Appavoo said.
You can help the family reach their goal here.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.