Man's friends put him to bed night before found in marina
FAMILY and friends of a Rockhampton man are in mourning after his body was found in Keppel Bay Marina at the weekend.
Acting Sergeant Cindel Richardson said police discovered the body of the 46-year-old man in the water at the northern end of the marina about 1pm Sunday after concerns were raised regarding his whereabouts.
TOP STORIES ONLINE TODAY
- Newman to call snap election 'to save economy'
- State candidate says region is worth fighting for
- Man's friends put him to bed night before found in marina
- VIDEO: Meet Rocky's dancing king 'muzzing' up social media
- POLL: Where would you like direct flights to from Rocky? 'New cycling laws could put our lives in danger'
- Rockhampton MP predicting polling date at end of February
- Could this be the first real weight loss pill?
- Visitors left hungry as shops shut for Christmas Day
- Archaeologists uncover site where Jesus was put on trial
"He was last seen at about 10.30 Saturday night," Sgt Richardson said.
It's believed the man's friends had put him to bed that night.
"He was staying on a boat at the marina and is believed to have fallen into the water and drowned," Sgt Richardson said.
"Investigations were conducted and the man is believed to have been drinking prior to the incident."
The Yeppoon Coastguard assisted police in the retrieval of the body and their boat was used for the investigation.
46-year-old man at Keppel Bay Marina, January 4
3-year-old boy at a Jambin dam, December 19
51-year-old man at Fisherman's Beach, Emu Park, November 1