‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.


Cyclone could bring rain to southeast

Cyclone could bring rain to southeast

“It could potentially come back as Owen mark II."

Major brewer feels the sting of ring pull beer caps

Major brewer feels the sting of ring pull beer caps

There's a beer backlash brewing across Australia

Local Partners